The SE sigma Hub is organising a free workshop entitled ‘Using Online Resources and the Virtual Learning Environment to Promote and Enhance Maths Support’ at Central St. Martins, Archway Campus, 2 Elthorne Road, Archway, London, N19 4AG on Friday 28th November from 10:30-4pm. Directions: http://www.arts.ac.uk/csm/about-csm/find-us/. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Speakers will include:
- Nigel Atkins (Kingston University) ‘The Evolution of a Support Centre: MathsAid online’
- Leslie Fletcher (Liverpool John Moores University) ‘Problems and solutions navigating to maths support resources’
- Inna Namestnikova (Brunel University London) ‘Providing maths support and improving transition into university life through VLE at Brunel’
- Chetna Patel (Sheffield University) ‘Use of diagnostic testing to improve access to maths support’
- Christine Pereira (Brunel University London) ‘Use of VLE in Statistics and SPSS support at Brunel University’
- Joe Ros (HowCloud) ‘HowCloud: a new teaching and learning tool for mathematics’
- Allison Smale (Bucks New University) ‘Flipping classrooms – using online resources with Excel and VLE to enhance Maths support’
To view the programme, click here.
This workshop should be of interest to anyone involved in a maths support centre whether this is new or has been running for many years. The workshop will also include plenty of time for discussion to enable the sharing of ideas.
Although this is organised by the sigma South East Hub it is open to any maths support practitioner. Please pass on to anyone that you think would enjoy attending.
Please email Noel-Ann Bradshaw (email@example.com) if you would like to attend giving details of any dietary requirements.