CETL-MSOR 2018: Evidencing Excellence in the Mathematical Sciences
5th – 6th September 2018, University of Glasgow
The CETL-MSOR 2018 conference took place on 5-6 September 2018 at the University of Glasgow. The principle themes of the conference included:
- Current developments in mathematics and statistics support within, and across, the disciplines.
- Using data and evidence to enhance teaching, learning and support.
- Encouraging and preparing future teachers of mathematics.
- Engaging students in learning and teaching enhancement and innovation, including the specialist mathematician and more-able student.
The keynote speakers at the conference were:
Dr Noel-Ann Bradshaw, Argos
Prof Gavin Brooks, University of Reading
Dr Joe Kyle, University of Birmingham
Shazia Ahmed, University of Glasgow
Michael Grove, University of Birmingham
Ciarán Mac an Bhaird, Maynooth University
Rob Wilson, Cardiff University
We are grateful for support from:
- Learning Directorate, Scottish Government
- Cengage Learning
- Glasgow Mathematical Journal Learning and Research Support Fund
- Scottish Mathematical Council
- Institute of Mathematics & its Applications
- The National Numeracy Project
- Pearson Education