From August 2016, the sigma Network became a professional association, bound by a constitution. The day-to-day management of the sigma Network is vested in an elected Steering Group, elected by and reporting to an Annual General Meeting.
Steering Group members are directly involved in mathematics and statistics support in higher education, and have the support of their institutions to serve in this role. Collectively, the Steering Group shall:
- ensure a range of professional development meetings is held each year for people involved in maths and statistics support;
- encourage networking and sharing of good practice;
- maintain and develop resources, website and mailing list;
- support and encourage the work of Special Interest Groups within the sigma Network;
- keep up to date with developments in the field of mathematics and statistics support:
- disseminate information and seek collaboration opportunities with other sector bodies to further the work of the sigma Network.
The Steering Group Terms of Reference can be downloaded as a Word document.
Steering Group Members 2020/21
- Alun Owen (Coventry University. Chair)
- Mark Hodds (Coventry University. Vice-chair: Operations)
- Emma Cliffe (University of Bath. Vice-chair: Technical Support)
- Mary Lorimer (Loughborough University. Secretary)
- Chetna Patel (Treasurer)
- Tony Mann (University of Greenwich)
- Ellen Marshall (Sheffield Hallam University)
- Theresa Wege (Loughborough University)
- Rob Wilson (Cardiff University)
- Co-opted representative of the IMA – Duncan Lawson
- Co-opted representative of the Scottish Maths Support Network – Anne Savage (Abertay University)
- Co-opted representative of the Irish Maths Learning Support Network – Kirsten Pfeiffer (National University of Ireland)
- Co-opted Membership Database Officer, University of Bath – Ed Southwood