The sigma Network for Excellence in Mathematics and Statistics Support will award up to two prizes for outstanding contributions to mathematics and statistics support in Higher Education during the current academic year 2015/16. Nominations are now open in the following categories:
- The sigma Prize for Outstanding Contributor 2016: £500 to an individual employed in a higher education institution (UK) who has made a sustained contribution to mathematics and/or statistics support.
- The sigma Student of the Year 2016: £250 to an undergraduate or postgraduate at a higher education institution (UK) who has made a significant difference to any aspect of mathematics/statistics support.Full details of the criteria for each category and the nomination process can be found in the guidance notes (links below).
In addition to the monetary award, each recipient will receive a Certificate of Award and one free place at the CETL-MSOR Conference 2016 (recipients will be expected to cover their own travel expenses). The prizes will be formally awarded at the Conference Dinner on the evening of Tuesday 6th September 2016.
- Call for nominations : Thursday 28th April 2016
- Closing date for nominations: Friday 3rd June 2016
- Announcement of prize winners : Thursday 29th June 2016
- Prize giving ceremony : Tuesday 6th September 2016
If you have any queries, please contact me at email@example.com.
Guidance notes and nomination forms
- Guidance Notes
- sigma Prize for Outstanding Contributor 2016 nomination form (Word document)
- sigma Student of the Year 2016 nomination form (Word document)