The sigma Network for Excellence in Mathematics and Statistics Support will award up to three prizes for outstanding contributions to mathematics and statistics support* in Higher Education during the current academic year 2013/14.
- The sigma Prize for Innovation 2014: £500 for a successful innovation delivered this year.
- The sigma Support Resource 2014: £500 for developing new resources successfully used for mathematics/statistics support this year.
- The sigma Student of the Year 2014: £250 to an undergraduate or postgraduate who has made a significant difference to any aspect of mathematics/statistics support.
Full details of the criteria for each category and the nomination process can be found in the guidance notes.
Additional prize details
In addition to the monetary award, each recipient will receive a Certificate of Award and up to two free places at the CETL MSOR Conference 2014 (one place for the Student of the Year prize winner). The prizes will be formally awarded at the Conference Dinner on the evening of Monday 8th September 2014.
Call for nominations Monday 28th April 2014
Closing date for nominations Friday 6th June 2014
Announcement of prize winners Thursday 26th June 2014
Prize giving ceremony Monday 8th September 2014
Please contact Moira Petrie, sigma network Project Manager with queries.
- Guidance notes
- Innovation prize nomination form (Word)
- Support Resource prize nomination form (Word)
- Student prize nomination form (Word)
* Any activity or product enhancing the teaching and learning of mathematics and/or statistics provided separately and in addition to the standard provision of a student’s degree programme and in the context of any academic discipline. It includes a physical centre, a support team or an individual.