Regrettably, this event has been cancelled as so few people signed up to attend. I have had suggestions of alternative topics and formats so I expect to arrange a different, and hopefully more attractive, version of this event in the near future.
Leslie Fletcher 10 April 2014
The meeting is at Manchester University; this is the programme and provisional timings:
- 1.30pm Meet in Room G.205 in the Alan Turing Building
- 1.30pm – 1.40pm Welcome and housekeeping
- 1.40pm – 2.30pm Five(ish!) minutes for individual participants on the pleasures and pains of mathematics and statistics support in their institution – I am happy to start this.
- 2.30pm – 3.00pm Mark Brown and Paul Gray, Department of Sociology, MMU on the Q-Step project
- 3.00pm – 3.15pm Tea, coffee, biscuits
- 3.15pm – 4.30pm Visit to the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons, “a state of the art study and learning centre”. I wanted to go back to being an undergraduate at Manchester University when I visited!
I hope you will find this useful and interesting; I anticipate that this afternoon will help me plan future sigma activities in this region which meet the needs of staff working in maths and stats support. Feel free to pass on details of this event to any colleagues who might be interested.
If you are planning to attend please complete the form below (shamelessly copied from the South West and South Wales hub!) which will be emailed back to me automatically.
Colin Steele firstname.lastname@example.org is able to provide information about the local geography and facilities at Manchester University.
0151 231 4518 Email: L.R.Fletcher@ljmu.ac.uk