CETL-MSOR 2019: Bringing together mathematics communities
5th – 6th September 2019. Dublin City University, Ireland
Please note the date in your diaries for this popular annual conference of those involved in mathematics, statistics and operations research teaching, learning and support in higher education.
We are pleased to announce our keynote speakers:
- Dr. Joe Kyle, University of Birmingham
- Prof. Duncan Lawson, Coventry University
- Prof. Alice Rogers OBE, King’s College London
The call for abstracts is now open.
The Conference Committee warmly welcomes submissions relating to the learning and teaching of mathematics and statistics within any discipline in higher education.
For CETL-MSOR 2019, we are particularly keen to receive submissions that can demonstrate enhancements which are based on reflective and evidence-informed practice in relation to the following themes:
- Developing communities of learners in mathematics and statistics support within, and across, the disciplines.
- Teaching specialist mathematicians.
- Inclusive design for mathematics learning.
- Supporting students on the transition into and out of higher education.
We invite you to submit abstracts for oral presentations (20 minute session), workshops (60 minute session) and lightning talks (3 minute presentation). We are also interested in receiving student-led submissions.
We will invite speakers to submit a full paper based on your presentation, which will be considered for publication in a special conference issue of MSOR Connections, after the conference.
Eabhnat Ní Fhloinn, Dublin City University
Shazia Ahmed, University of Glasgow
Michael Grove, University of Birmingham
Ciaran Mac an Bhaird, Maynooth University
Rob Wilson, University of Cardiff